- Be accessible: Keep the communication channels as open as possible.
- Be alert: Always be on the lookout for emerging trends, opportunities, and threats.
- Be aligned: Act consistently with others in following the rules.
- Be connected: Reach out to others who have similar issues and interests.
- Be informative: Always share what you know.
- Be innovative: Identify problems, solve them, learn, and keep going.
- Be present: Show others you are there with them.
- Be responsible: Take personal ownership and take action.
- Be thoughtful: Show consideration for others on the team.
- Be transparent: Keep your thinking and actions visible to everyone.*
How is your organization, business, volunteer group or church doing when it comes to communication? Do you have a healthy communication strategy?
*The ten points above are an excerpt from VIRTUAL TEAMWORK: Building Your Own Professional Community of Productivity and Meaning, by Phil Van Auken