Blessed are the control freaks, for they shall inhibit the earth.
- Think they, alone, have all the answers;
- Think they know best because they were there first;
- Have “founderitis” – they are unable to let go of their baby;
- Delegate responsibilities without the authority to act;
- Reverse decisions others were asked to make;
- Keep colleagues in the dark about important decisions that affect them;
- Won’t give others room to make their mark in the organization.” (Leaders on Leadership pg. 272)
Are you a control freak?