According to Henry Cloud, author of 9 Things You Simply Must Do, successful people do not ignore things when they may not feel right. People pay attention to the things that bug them or create stress. Here are some suggestions that Cloud believes can help any leader.
- "Listen to what bugs you. It may be a message.
- Don't let negative feeling just sit there. Do something about them.
- Don't let long-term wishes and dreams go ignored. find out what they mean.
- Listen to your symptoms. They might be telling you that you have something to dig up.
- Pay attention to your fantasies. They may be telling you that something is missing that you need to resolve in appropriate ways.
- Face the fears and obstacles that have caused you to bury your treasures.
- Don't confuse envy with desire. You may be envious of someone else's life because you have lost touch with your own.
- Do everything above in the context of your values and your community of people who are committed to guarding your heart. If you do not have such a community, find one and join it.
- Ask God to help you find your heart, min, soul, and the treasures he has place there for you." (9 Things You Simply Must Do, Dr. Henry Cloud, page 40-41)