The job description of a coach will include the following
- Must invest enough time to get to know the person or persons being coached.
- Clearly identify the context, mission, values, goals, roles, resources, accountability,
- timeframe, and expectations before coaching begins.
- Observe the person’s work closely enough to have relevant and substantive feedback.
- Provide timely, candid, and specific feedback regarding what you observe.
- Stimulate learning, growth, and performance improvement by asking appropriate
- questions and making suggestions for paradigm shifts.
- Listen reflectively and empathetically.
- Always leave the client encouraged and feeling supported and empowered.
- Help the client celebrate every victory in his journey of making the changes necessary for accomplishing his mission.
When a football coach enlists a new player, he knows that it will take time to mold this player into a fully engaged and productive member of the team. This is true when a coach begins the journey with a single individual or with a group of individuals.