One of the most effective and influential Christian teachers of this century, Howard Hendricks, reveals how all teachers can make the most of their priceless opportunity to inspire, to instruct, and to permanently impact lives for the kingdom of God.
Here are seven proven, easy-to-grasp laws that any teacher can apply.
1. The Law of the Teacher: If you stop growing today, you stop teaching tomorrow.
2. The Law of Education: The way people learn determines how you teach.
3. The Law of Activity: Maximum learning is always the result of maximum involvement.
4. The Law of Communication: To truly impart information requires the building of bridges.
5. The Law of the Heart: Teaching that has impact is not head to head, but heart to heart.
6. The Law of Encouragement: Teaching tends to be most effective when the learner is properly motivated.
7. The Law of Readiness: The teaching-learning process will be most effective when both student and teacher are adequately prepared.
Quotes About Teaching
If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself. – Confucius
The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate deserts. – C. S. Lewis
You can get help from teachers, but you are going to have to learn a lot by yourself, sitting alone in a room. – Dr. Seuss
There are two kinds of teachers: the kind that fill you with so much quail shot that you can’t move, and the kind that just gives you a little prod behind and you jump to the skies. – Robert Frost
In a completely rational society, the best of us would be teachers and the rest of us would have to settle for something else. – Lee Iacocca