Have you ever asked the question, "Why should leaders pray?"
Have you ever thought about your prayer life as a leader? John Wesley once said, "God does nothing but by prayer, and everything with it." Oswald Chambers declared that "Prayer does not fit us for the greater work; prayer is the greater work."
Henry and Richard Blackaby in Spiritual Leadership give six basic reasons for praying.
Why Should Leaders Pray?
- Prayer is an essential leadership activity.
- Prayer brings the Spirit's filling.
- Prayer brings God's wisdom.
- Prayer accesses God's power.
- Prayer relieves stress.
- Prayer reveals God's agenda. (Spiritual Leadership, page 153.)